Tips for making efficient handles using Relyef Handle forms
First, prepare a vessel on which you would like to put the handle. There are several ways you can do that:
1. Handbuild vessel
2. Wheel-thrown vessel
3. An extruded vessel using the Rélyéf Extruder Hollow Dies for the Nidec Shimpo EX 115 press.
Once the container is at the leather-hard stage handle can be attached.
It is wise to choose a suitable Rélyéf Handle Form with the ruler in your hand as the Handle form represents the inside shape of the finished handle.
- Even though it takes a bit of time to get used to working with the Handle form, using it ensures clean lines and consistency when making sets.
- The Handle form holds the fresh-clay handle securely while attaching it to your vessel.
- The joints can be later reinforced, remodeled, and cleaned. The Handle form is removed to the sides after the handle is finished and settles almost to the leather-hard stage.
For the 2022 season, we have added more shapes and sizes and also improved them technologically.
- For more details watch our video tutorial.
- You can find more tips how to hand build a mug in this articel.